Yup, it’s back… Each year we look to see how to improve on something that is so popular. In our feedback survey from last year people indicated that they would pay for a guaranteed place… So, we decided to make things very easy… We lowered the general ticket price so that people could afford the top up for Speed Curating. When buying your ticket you will also see the names of all of the curators and time slots. When you select your time slot it will add 3 Euro for each curator that you select.
Each year we give the same advice, but feedback from the curators still outlines that they have found some artists who didn’t research the type of work that they (the curators) are interested in and therefore they felt that they couldn’t contribute or advise some artists as much as they would like…
- Look at each curator and take some time to google search their background and the type of work that they show.
- If you are bringing images then make sure that they clearly show your work.
- Be there promptly for your appointment as last year some artists were late and found that others had taken the opportunity to jump in.
- Please respect that there are other artists waiting to meet the curator and leave the desk when notified that your time is up. If you feel that you need to chat more then arrange to meet the curator either during the day or at a later date.
- Aedín McGinn – Luan Gallery
- Ángel Luis González Fernández – PhotoIreland
- Ann Davoren – West Cork Arts Centre
- Anne Kelly – NCAD Gallery
- Belinda Quirke – Solstice Art Centre
- Brenda McParland – Independent
- CCA Derry – Matt Packer or Aleisa Kleist (to be confirmed)
- Davey Moor – Independent
- Donal Maguire – National Gallery of Ireland
- Elaine Grainger – Talbot Gallery & Studios
- Grace McEvoy – Block T
- Hilary Murray – Artbox
- Jerome O’Drisceoil – Green on Red
- John Duncan – Source Magazine
- Josephine Kelleher – Rubicon
- Laura Mahon – The Dock
- Maeve Mulrennan – Galway Art Centre
- Maoliosa Boyle – VOID
- Mary Conlon – Ormston House
- Mary Cremin – Independent
- Muireann Ní Chonaill – Laois Arthouse
- Olivier Cornet – Olivier Cornet Gallery
- Oonagh Young – Oonagh Young
- Peter Mutschler – PS2
- Peter Richards – Golden Thread, Belfast
- Rayne Booth – Temple Bar Gallery & Studios
- Ruth Carroll – RHA
- Sarah Searson – The Dock
- Sean Kissane – IMMA
- Sheena Barrett – The Lab
- Trudi van der Elsen – Ennistymon Court House