Our lively, frantic, insightful Speed Curating event returns for Get Together 2014. 30 Curators will be available to give advice in what proved to be a highly popular event last year.
Visual Artists Ireland members who registered before the May 2nd deadline are being contacted to confirm their places. We are delighted to be able to provide extra slots this year. This means that there is still a chance for you to meet curators. This will be on a first come first served basis on the day. When you register and if you wish to see a curator you can go to the Speed Curating desk and put your name down for a place. These places are limited and are strictly on a first come first served basis. So we recommend that you come early.
Make sure to check the terms and conditions below.
Fear not if you don’t get a place. This year we have asked the curators to hang around for chats afterwards.
Curators confirmed for the day are:
- Ann Davoren – West Cork Art Centre,
- Anne Barlowe – Art in General, New York,
- Aoife Ruane – Highlanes Gallery, Drogheda,
- Belinda Quirke – Solstice, Navan,
- Cliodhna Shaffrey – Temple Bar Gallery & Studios,
- Davey Moor – Independent,
- Dawn Williams – Crawford Gallery, Cork,
- Declan Sheehan – Independent Curator and Holywell Trust
- Donal Maguire – National Gallery of Ireland,
- Feargal O’Malley – Ulster University,
- Grace McEvoy – Block T,
- Hugh Mullholland – MAC, Belfast,
- Jerome O’Drisceoil – Green on Red, Dublin,
- Josephine Kelleher – Rubicon Gallery, Dublin,
- Maeve Mulrennan – Galway Art Centre,
- Kevin Kavanagh – Kevin Kavanagh Gallery
- Maoliosa Boyle – Void, Derry,
- Marianne O’Kane Boal – Independent,
- Mark Cullen – Pallas Projects, Dublin,
- Mark St John Ellis – NAG Gallery, Dublin,
- Matt Packer – CCA, Derry,
- Olivier Cornet, – Olivier Cornet Gallery, Dublin,
- Oonagh Young – Oonagh Young Gallery, Dublin,
- Peter Mutschler – PS2, Belfast,
- Ruth Carroll – RHA
- Peter Richards – Golden Thread Gallery, Belfast,
- Sheena Barrett – The Lab, Dublin,
- Trudi van der Elsen – Ennistymon Courthouse Gallery,
- Woodrow Kernohan – EVA.
*Speed Curating participants must be current members of Visual Artists Ireland.
Please ensure that you bring the necessary documentation and means for showing it to the curator. We will not be in a position to offer any computers or projectors due to the scale of the undertaking. If you miss your slot time then it will be given to the next person and we may not be in a position to offer you an alternative.
Events at Get Together 2014