This workshop is aimed at artists and creators looking to develop a basic understanding of, and competency with, the SketchUp Interface and modelling tools. It will also give an overview of the more advanced capabilities of the program with demonstrations of third party plugins and SketchUp Pro.
SketchUp Make is free entry level 3D modelling software used by architects, artists and designers to construct, manipulate, and present shapes, structures and concepts at all stages of the design process. Easy, intuitive modelling tools and techniques allow for fast concept development. A range of file import and export formats enables 2D and 3D presentation options, and compatibility with software like AutoCad, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop and many more.
● Introduction to the SketchUp interface and navigation tools.
● Best practice when using SketchUp’s modelling and modification tools.
● Basic modelling techniques using 2D and 3D modelling tools.
● Model organisation, including groups and components.
● Use of the SketchUp Warehouse.
● Use of the materials editor. Creating bespoke materials
● Section planes, cameras and 2D export formats.
This workshop is open to all levels of expertise but basic computer skills are essential. This workshop is part of an Art & Technology Workshop Series at the NSF for 2018 which will include workshops in Rhino – a 3D modelling programme; Blender & 3D Printing and introductory course to VR – Virtual Reality, its platforms, gear and the Unity Gaming Engine.
Dates: Thurs 26th July
Time: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Location: National Sculpture Factory, Albert Road, Cork
Booking: lease contact Elma at email@example.com