The Minister for the Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht, Heather Humphreys TD, announced that she has secured a €4 million package for the Commemorations programme as part of an overall Budget allocation of €274 million for 2015.
Other Budget highlights include:
· €4 million package to roll out an integrated plan to commemorate 1916
· Funding for current expenditure has increased for the first time in six years
· Financial support for National Cultural Institutions has been protected, following several difficult years of cutbacks
· Minister for Finance commits to explore measures to boost the film and TV sector
· The Artist Tax Exemption is increasing by €10,000 from €40,000 to €50,000