This course is focused on portrait lighting techniques in the studio, for those who wish to start in the world of Studio Photography.
– Operation of studio lights and setting up your camera to work with them
– Using a light meter to calculate exposures
– Light modifiers and accessories ( Octobox, softbox, beauty dish and reflector)
– Creating or reducing shadow with reflectors and Flags
– Working with white and grey backgrounds
– Lighting the background
– Lighting set ups with one, two, three and four lights
– Main, fill, butterfly, clamshell lighting
– High key and low key lighting set ups
– Flagging light
– Separating the subject from the background with rim lighting
– Using gels to create colour
This course takes place in a photography studio on Capel St. Dublin 1, ideal for portraits, equipped with all the studio lights, modifiers and backgrounds needed for this practice.
Dates: Saturday 8th of June
Times: 10.30 am to 5pm (with 1 hour lunch break)
Location: Patricio Cassinoni Photo Studio, 65 Capel St. Dublin 1.