The Visual Artists News Sheet
3. Roundup. Recent exhibitions and projects of note.
3. Column. Mark Fisher. Strange Loops.
4. Column. Mark Caffrey. Crossing and Arrival
5. Column. Jonathan Carroll. What is Waiting Out There.
6. Column. Chris Fite-Wassilak. Beyond Collective Desire.
7. News. The latest developments in the arts sector.
10. Regional Profile. Visual arts resources and activity in Roscommon
12. Focus. Like Bread, Drink and Religion? Marianne O’Kane Boal reflects on recently developed gallery and museum buildings accross Ireland and the challenges faced in running these facilities. (Archived in our Articles Section)
13. Conference Report. Learning & Sharing. Sylvia Grace Borda Reports on a roundtable discussion on collaborative photography organised as part of her
projects at Belfast Exposed.
14. Project Profile. Meeting Expectations. Naomi Sex discusses the DL 5 – 8 project.
15. Institution Profile. Unhinged & Contradictory. Jason Oakley speaks to Ian McInerney of The Black Mariah about the organisations one-year tenure at
16. How is it Made? Doctors & Patients. Gemma Anderson discusses her project ‘Portraits: Patients and Psychiatrists
17. Art in the Public Realm: Focus. Enlightenment. Belinda Quirke discusses the meaning and implications of the recent spate of light-related public art
events and artworks. (Archived in our Articles Section)
18. International Event. Film at the Centre of Film. Treasa O’Brien reports on the Oberhausen Film Festival
19. Project Profile. Out of the Box. Brian Connolly profiles ‘Art Rebels’ at Catalyst Arts, Belfast.
23. Opportunities. All the lastest grants, awards, exhibition calls and commissions.
27. Project Profile. Resurrection. Joanne Laws discusses ‘Sacred’ a cross-border exhibition and semimar project.
28. Problems. The Problem Page. Our consierge / curator of agony responds to artworld dilemas.
28.Laughism. Laughism. Cartoons by Borislav Byrne.
29. International Event. Time of the Zines. Sarah Bracken reports on the sixth annual London Zine Symposium. (Archived in our Articles Section)
30. Studio Profile. Creativity Inclusion Development. Kathy Maria Marsh reports on Conways Artists Studios.
31. Art in the Public Realm: Roundup. Recent public art commissions, site-specific works, socially engaged practice and other forms of art
outside the gallery.
32. Regional Perspectives. Regional Perspectives. Visual Artists ireland’s Regional Contacts – Aideen Barry, Damien Duffy and eamonn Maxwell report
from the field.