Deadline for applications: 9 June
Reporting to the Curator of Education and Outreach the Education Assistant will manage the day-to-day operations of The Hunt Museum’s Education Department, including the supervision of Education Interns.
Key duties and responsibilities
1. To assist the Curator of Education and Outreach to deliver all aspects of education and public programme provision at The Hunt Museum
2. To supervise and allocate work on an on-going basis to Education Interns at The Hunt Museum.
3. To adopt and improve existing booking procedures facilitating primary, post-primary school, third level colleges, tour agents and community group visits on site, outreach visits, creative workshops and children’s camps.
4. To contribute to the development and design of new curriculum linked learning programmes and community engagement projects.
5. To ensure that all participation and attendance at events and programmes is captured and that this system is constantly updated for reporting purposes.
6. To deliver the education and public programming strand of the museum’s marketing plan including the development of digital and printed materials promoting curriculum linked programmes for schools, public events, family events, summer camps and creative workshops for circulation via the museums website, social media, email blasts and local and national media.
7. To support the Curator of Education in the completion of internal quarterly reports and reports to funders.
8. To liaise with teachers, community groups, contracted facilitators, artists and project partners in the planning, co-ordination and delivery of events and workshops.
Salary is €20,888.40 per annum based on a 39 hr week.
Candidates should check eligibility for the Department of Social Protection ‘JobsPlus Initiative’.
View here: www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/jobsplus.aspx/
Visit the Hunt Museum Website for full details and Application Form: www.huntmuseum.com