Application deadline: 21 April, 5pm
Dublin City Council are seeking to appoint an Exhibition Researcher for a temporary Archival Project – 16 Week Service Contract – with Dublin City Archives.
The archives of Jacob’s Fruitfield Ltd were received on permanent loan by Dublin City Archives in 2012. Jacob’s Biscuit Factory was founded in 1851 in Waterford, and shortly afterwards moved to Peter’s Row in Dublin, and later to premises in Bishop Street and finally to Tallaght. The company firmly established itself as a recognisable brand, which is still part of the fabric of Irish Society and which has had a noted impact on the social and economic life of Dublin over the past century. The archives of Jacob’s Fruitfield Ltd constitute an important collection relating to the history of Dublin and include materials relating to the 1913 Lockout, to the First World War and to the 1916 Rising, and War of Independence.