Application deadline: Friday 9 June, 12 noon
dlr Libraries are delighted to announce an opportunity for authors, artists, lecturers, facilitators, workshop leaders and enthusiasts to submit proposals for events in dlr Libraries during the period 2017-2019. Events encompass workshops, talks, courses, shows, productions, classes, exhibitions and any other creative enterprises envisioned as a possibility within a public library context. As well as proposals suitable for festivals such as Bealtaine, Children’s Book Festival, Science Week, we invite proposals for a wide range of one-off events, a series of themed talks/events or more long-term projects. Projects can include artistic, cultural and educational forms and target user groups can be children, young people, adults, users with special needs and intergenerational audiences. Proposals will be selected both from artistic/cultural and educational areas of interest, highlighting the demand for both kinds of events in dlr Libraries. Creative practitioners and facilitators that are successful in their application will be selected for a panel for use and events will be programmed accordingly from Autumn 2017 – Autumn 2019.
• Delivery of all proposals will be remunerated in accordance with our current fee schedules for facilitators. If successful, dlr Libraries commit to hosting you during the time frame outlined, at a time that is mutually convenient.
• Interested applicants may apply for both areas of interest (artistic/cultural and educational) and all user groups. Evidence of experience with different user groups is an advantage.
• We request facilitators be flexible in their approach and responsive to the needs of participants.
• Selection will be based on the written submission and any additional supplementary material supplied only.
• Emailed applications will be deemed ineligible.
• Proposal(s) should be no longer than 300 words. (1 A4 page max per proposal)
• Please submit 3 x hard copies of your proposal(s) along with 3 x hard copies of your curriculum vitae.
• Applications received after Friday 9th June at 12.00 noon will not be accepted under any circumstances.
*please mark clearly: ‘OPEN CALL’
Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council Public Libraries HQ,
Haigh Terrace, Moran Park,
Dún Laoghaire, Co. Dublin