Deadline for applications: Sunday 30 April
Museum of Oxford and Digital Artist Residency are jointly hosting an opportunity for an artist working in digital media to respond to the theme of Journeys to Oxford. Journeys to Oxford is a Museum of Oxford exhibition celebrating the vibrant cultural contributions made to life in Oxford by those who have travelled here to live, work, visit and study.
The Museum of Oxford has been working with local Oxford community groups for twelve months, developing projects with outcomes that will exhibited in the Town Hall Gallery from June to November 2017.
The digital residency provides an online space on DAR’s site for artists to develop works, ideas and practices. The resulting work will culminate in an exhibition at the Museum of Oxford during the Journeys to Oxford exhibition. The Journeys to Oxford residency will take place online from 10 June – 10 September 2017. The physical exhibition will then commence from 8 September – 4 November at the Museum of Oxford.
DAR and MoO provide:
· An artists fee of £1000.
· Budget for materials, promo and travel.
· Exhibition at The Gallery, Oxford Town Hall.
· A page on our website. (This is normally the style of a blog, but artists are encouraged to be ambitious with any specific ideas about how they want their work presented, write it on your project proposal and we can discuss how this can be realized).
· Technical support in achieving the aims of the online residency.
· Support and promotion of the artist and their work through our networks.
For more information and application details see: http://digitalartistresidency.org/news/