5. Roundup. Recent exhibitions and projects of note.
5. Regional Column: Northern Ireland. Feargal O’Malley. Artist Residencies.
6. Column. Jonathan Carroll. The Life of Ryan.
8. News. The latest developments in the visual arts sector.
9. Regional Profile. Visual arts resources and activity in Mayo.
12. Tribute. Valerie Earley. On these pages, with friends and colleagues, we celebrate Valerie Earley, Visual Artists Ireland’s Membership Manager, who sadly passed away 9 January 2013, after a two-year fight with cancer.
14. Art writing award. Commemoration – A Forward-Looking Act. Joanne Laws, winner of the Visual Artists Ireland / Dublin City Council Arts Office critical writing award (2013), addresses the subject of the visual arts responses to the ‘decade of centenaries’ (Archived)
16. How is it made. Time, Liberty And Atonement. Remco De Fouw details the conception, fabrication and installation of his commissioned work ‘A Voice’ for the Irish Prison Services headquarters in Longford.(Archived)
17. Art and philosophy. Art & Philosophy – Why Now? In the first of three articles prompted by a growing interest in certain strands of philosophy by artists and curators, Sinead Hogan considers the nature of the relationship between art and philosophy.
18. International. O’Doherty Un-Freezes A Beating Heart. Mary-Ruth Walsh reflects on Brian O’Doherty’s keynote address ‘Strolling With The Zeitgeist: Five Decades’ at last year’s Frieze Art Fair (11 Oct 2012).
19. Critique. Reviews of recent exhibitions, events, publications and projects. (Archived)
23. Advocacy. Moving Beyond Token Fees. Noel Kelly, CEO Of Visual Artists Ireland reports on how the findings of VAI’s ‘Survey On Payments For Visual Artists’ show the direct results of the cutting of public funding for the arts. (Archived) [Read more…]