The Visual Artists News Sheet
5. Roundup. Recent exhibitions and projects of note.
5. Column. Jonathan Carroll. Smells like Postmodernism.
6. Column. Emily Mark Fitzgerald. State of the Arts.
7. Column. Mark Fisher. Towards a New Mainstream.
8. News. The latest developments in the arts sector.
10. Regional Profile. Arts Officers. Sarah Searson looks at the status of Arts Offices across the country.
12. Profile. Estate of Mind. Mary-Ruth Walsh discusses her recent performance/installation ‘Real E- State’. Archived in our ‘Articles’ section.
13. Interview. PAC Man. James Merrigan talks to Cian O’Brien about his new role as Director of Project Arts Centre, Dublin.
14. Profile. Message in a Bottle. Vera McAvoy discusses the ‘Honeycomb’ project, achieved during her residency at Stradbally, Co. Laois on the Arthouse NCAD award and bursary.
15. Critique. This four-page section features six reviews of exhibitions, events, publications and projects – that are either current or have recently taken place in Ireland. Archived in our ‘Articles’ section.
16. Opportunities. All the latest grants, awards, exhibition calls and commissions.
19. Interview. New Context. Marianne O’Kane Boal talks to Aileen Burns and Johann Lundh, the new co- directors of Context Gallery, Derry. Archived in our ‘Articles’ section.
20. Regional Contacts. Visual Artists Ireland’s regional contacts, Laura Graham and Aideen Barry, report from the field.
22. Profile. The Performance Process. Pauline Keena discusses her performance process with Estonian artist Sorge (Margus Tiitsmaa).