Deadline: 8 December
The RAC Contemporary Photography Award is a legacy project following on from the highly successful exhibition by world renowned British photographer Martin Parr at Roscommon Arts Centre in 2016. The aim of the award is to provide a photographer with the opportunity to produce a body of work for exhibition at Roscommon Arts Centre and Belfast Exposed Futures Gallery along with a potential tour to two other venues, funding pending, in 2017. An online gallery of the winning works will appear on irishtimes.com
Martin Parr will select the winner from a national call open submission.
The Prize includes:
- A budget of €2000 towards production costs of a body of work
- A solo exhibition at Roscommon Arts Centre in April 2017
- A solo exhibition at Belfast Exposed Futures Gallery in 2017
- A potential tour to 2 other venues
Criteria for submission
- Work must be produced and available for exhibition in April 2017
- Photographer must reside in Ireland
- Submissions should be comprised of images intended for exhibition.
- An up to date C.V.
- A statement outlining the context for the proposed exhibition.
Online gallery in Irish Times: Early January 2017
Exhibition Roscommon: April 2017
Submission must be send by wetransfer to:
Inquiries only to: email@example.com