The Visual Artists News Sheet
1. Cover Image. Remco de Fouw. Voice (Work in Progress)
5. Roundup. Recent exhibitions and projects of note.
5. Column. Mark Fisher. Creative Capitalism.
6. Column. Paula Naughton. New York Overview.
7. Column. Jonathan Carroll. Art Versus Weather.
10. News. The latest developments in the arts sector.
11. Regional Profile. Visual arts resources and activity in Co. Carlow
14. Workshop. Making Connections. Michelle Horrigan reports on ‘The
curatorial intensive’ a New York based workshop organised by independent
15. Engaged Art. From The Amazon to the Sahara. Augustine O’Donoghue
reports on her recent work with the Artifariti project in the Western Sahara
and Algeria. (Archived in our Articles Section)
16. Residency. Samkura Residency. Claire Halpin and Lisa Flynn reports on
their experiences of the Samkura Artist Residency Programme (Oct / Nov 2010)
held in Tbilisi, Georgia.
17. Art in Public. Necessity, Mother of Invention. Laura Graham Profiles
‘Switch’, an initiative to present contemporary are in public contexts, that
has taken place in Nenagh. Co Tipperary and Bangor, Co. Down.
18. Seminar. Practice. Seán O Sullivan reports on ‘Practice: The Ormond
Studios Lecture Series’
19. Career Development. Floating Notes. Andy Parsons discusses the why and
wherefores of his artists book publishing Project ‘Floating World Books’
21. Education. Responsibile Driving. Ruth E Lyons profiles ‘Mercedes Fire’
an artist-led seven-day touring summer school. (Archived in our Articles Section)
22. Collaboration. Transitions & Ambitions. Maria Tanner Profiles
‘Ar+=Adding 2010’, Szczecin, Poland.
23. Opportunities. All the lastest grants, awards, exhibition calls and
27. Conference. Productive Reflection. Anne Lynott reports on ‘The Museum
Revisited’ held at the Science Gallery, Dublin 16 October 2010. (Archived in our Articles Section)
28. Regional Contacts. Visual artists ireland’s regional contacts report
from the field.
29. Residency. Honouring Rothko. Anne Harkin-Petersen reports on her
residency at the 2010 edition of the Mark Rothko International Plein Air
event, held in Daugavpils, Latvia.