Application deadline: 15 April
Damer House Gallery is a non-profitmaking Centre for Contemporary Art, current offering a six-month Internship placement to recent graduates. The successful candidate will gain experience in the delivery and management of a new contemporary art space, through a programme of art events and exhibitions.
Advantages for Damer House Gallery:
Damer House Gallery will benefit from the fresh perspective and input of a newly graduated, enthusiastic intern with experience and knowledge of current contemporary art. This Post may suits a local person as we believe that a local candidate will bring to the gallery an understanding and awareness of Roscrea Town and its community.
What Damer House Gallery can offer:
The successful intern will gain experience in the following areas:
- Liaising with artists interacting in Damer House Gallery programming, and assisting them with all aspects, such as funding opportunities and entitlements and grant applications.
- The job will also entail connecting artists with professionals in other disciplines, relevant to their work, for the purpose of collaboration and/ or assistance and advice.
- They will also get guidance in documenting their work.
- The successful graduate will, be offered career advice and information for creative and financial opportunities.
- We are also committed to provide a forum to educate / inform the public and/or visitors to the gallery on Contemporary Art and to make sure that the Gallery is as inclusive as possible, this involves an outreach.
- Mentorship will be provided by Damer House curators, Therry Rudin and Patricia Hurl.
- The Interns travel and lunch expenses will be covered by Damer House, however, this is currently an unpaid internship.
- A contract outlining the terms of the Internship will be agreed and signed by the candidate and Damer House.
For more information see: Damer House Internship 2017
Apply by email; firstname.lastname@example.org
Castle St, Townparks, Roscrea, Co. Tipperary