Closing date: Wednesday 14 June, 5pm.
Northern Visions is an arts and digital media centre in Belfast’s Cathedral Quarter and the Local TV broadcaster for Greater Belfast, NVTV, licensed by Ofcom.
Northern Visions have an annual programme of activities, which includes activities pertinent to the arts, music, heritage, news and current affairs, education, community relations and community development.
Applicants for the post of Archivist/Editor will have a third level qualification or a minimum of two years practical experience in camera (moving image including sound) OR post production in the film/TV/digital media industry. (We will accept third level qualifications in all subjects.)
Candidates will have a high level of literacy and numeracy skills, and excellent IT skills.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
To edit and complete post-production, as part of a team, on a wide variety of projects for distribution on television, the Internet and for the Northern Visions Archives and Special Collections.
• Attending planning meetings; exercising editorial judgment, maintaining professional technical standards and adhering to Ofcom policy and legal and contractual guidelines.
• Undertaking production and studio work where necessary.
• Building and maintaining positive working relationships with co-workers, trainees, community groups, project participants, volunteers and the public using principles of community arts practice.
• Assist with the co-ordination of outreach workers and heritage experts to complete the Northern Visions archive.
• To be willing to be trained in practical skills as appropriate to the post.
• To shoot news stories and assist in documentaries carrying out duties such as camera and sound as well as post production;
• To assist in the training (where appropriate), in digital technologies and heritage related activities for those accessing training and participatory projects;
• Support the organisation of archival materials and ensure classification to international standard to facilitate access to the collection for a wide range of users;
• Support the processing of the Northern Visions collection to digital standards;
• Assist in developing the contacts database and social media presence.
• Assist in promotion of Northern Visions eg. publications, online and presentations;
• Record the origins and historical significance of archival materials;
• Select and edit documents for online publication and display, applying knowledge of subject and presentation techniques.
• To be willing to work up to one weekend and six evenings per month. There is time in lieu.
• Other duties appropriate to the post as may be assigned from time to time.
- To work with the Programmes Director to oversee and maintain a good working environment for all trainees, participants and volunteers.
- To ensure that all trainees, participants and volunteers have the requisite training required, and feel valued, respected and motivated.
- To ensure that all trainees, participants and volunteers have clear objectives and that performance standards are set.
Hours: 40 working hours per week
Starting Salary: £16,350.00
Interviews take place on Wednesday 21 June 2017.
For full job description and application form see: www.nvtv.co.uk/jobs/