The Arts Council of Northern Ireland’s Support for the Individual Artist Programme (SIAP) is now open for funding applications. The annual programme offers a range of funding awards for individual artists working across all artform areas, including visual art, dance, drama and music.
New for 2016 are two new international arts residencies in India specifically for artists from Northern Ireland. These include the Sanskriti Foundation residency in New Delhi and the Shruti Foundation Vedaaranya residency in Ramgarh Shekhawati, Rajasthan. More information is available here: www.artscouncil-ni.org/news/india-artist-residencies
The Sanskriti Foundation has hosted over 600 artists, poets, scholars and writers as-well as 300 craft makers from across the world and is offering two six-week residencies for artists from Northern Ireland. The Vedaaranya residency offers a unique opportunity for a visiting artist to present their collaborative work with local artists or craft makers at the Vedaaranya Heritage Arts and Healing Festival, 6-8 December, 2016. They are offering two artists a one-month residency each. Both residencies offer a uniquely serene, inspiring, stimulating and enabling environment for artists to work, reflect and interact with other artists.
In addition, the Arts Council will host a series of SIAP information clinics in Belfast and Portadown this July and August where Arts Council officers will provide guidance and advice on the application process.
The following SIAP schemes are now open, closing for applications at 4pm on Thursday 25th August 2016:
- General Arts Awards
- Artists Career Enhancement Scheme (ACES)
- Major Individual Award (MIA)
- Artists’ International Development Fund (Individuals)
- Travel Awards (Rolling programme)
- Self-arranged residencies
- Mike Moloney Award
- Anne O’Donoghue Award
The following schemes are also open and will close at 4pm on Thursday 11th August:
- India Platforms: The Sanskriti Foundation in New Delhi and the Shruti Foundation, Ramgarh Shekhawati, Rajasthan
- Womex Bursaries for the WOMEX World Music Expo in Santiago de Compostela, Spain 2016
SIAP advice clinics will take place in:
- Arts and Disability Forum 109 – 113 Royal Avenue, Belfast on Tuesday 26th July at 10:30am
- Duncairn Centre for Culture and Arts, Belfast on Wednesday 27th July at 10:30am
- Millennium Court Arts Centre, Portadown, Wednesday 3rd August at 10:30am
Online registration for each of these sessions is available at the Arts Council Website along with full information on all schemes, application forms and guidance notes. Visit www.artscouncil-ni.org