In association with Tipperary Arts Office.
The course will cover:
· An overview of Children First Act 2015
· An overview of related legislation
· An outline of compliance requirements including:
· Child Safeguarding Statement and risk assessment
· Child Protection Policy
· The responsibilities of Mandated Persons
· The role and responsibilities of Designated Liaison Persons
· Recruitment and Garda Vetting
· Procedures for reporting – internally and externally
· Record keeping
· Code of Behaviour
· Communication with parents/guardians
· Complaints procedures
· Dealing with accidents and incidents
Louise Monaghan is Acting Manager with the Child Protection Programme in the National Youth Council of Ireland (NYCI). The CPP is responsible for building the capacity of the youth sector to address and fulfil its responsibilities in relation to safeguarding and child protection as per Children First 2015. Louise has been working in the area of child protection training for the last 20 years across a number of organisations within the broader voluntary, community and arts sector. She has developed and delivered training in child protection at a number of levels , including Awareness level, Designated Liaison Person and Board of Management training. She has worked with organisations in developing their child protection policies and procedures. She also sits on the GAA’s National Child Welfare and Protection Committee and is a consultant with the National Office for Safeguarding Children in the Catholic Church.
Location: South Tipperary Arts Centre.