5.Column. Get Together 2013. It’s For Everybody.
5.Roundup. Recent exhibitions and projects of note.
6.Column. Emily Mark-FitzGerald. The Feedback Loop.
8.Column. Seán O Sullivan. Visual Arts Workers’ Forum.
8. News. The latest developments in the visual arts sector.
9. Regional Focus. Visual arts resources and activity in Sligo.
12.International. Ireland in Venice 2013: Richard Mosse. Jason Oakley talks to Richard Mosse about representing Ireland at this year’s Venice Biennale. (Achived)
13. Residency. Interventions and Transformations. Sue Morris on her residency at AIR Krems, Austria. (Achived)
14. Institutional Profile. DIY Support. Miranda Driscoll, co-director of the Joinery, Dublin, offers an account of the venue’s ethos and activities.
15. How is it Made? Belief and Conviction. Rory Tangney describes how he funded and created his large-scale installation at Camden Palace Hotel, Cork.
16. Career Development. Art and Opportunity. Dougal McKenzie on balancing preparedness with understanding the importance of the ‘lucky break’ in his art career.
17. Symposium. Inspired Not Hindered. James Merrigan reports on ‘Pathways to Practice’, a symposium organised by Arts & Disability Ireland and the Fire Station Artists’ Studios (28 Feb 2013).
18. Art & Philosophy. New Objects, New Realism? Sinead Hogan interviews Paul Ennis on two recent philosophical concepts, Object Orientated Ontology & Speculative Realism.
19. Critique. ‘The Artist’s Overcoat – Exploring the Studio and Collections of F E McWilliam’; Ffrench/Harte, ‘The Sovereigns’ Mermaid, Bray; (Achived) ‘Analysing Cubism’ IMMA; ‘Monuments’, Lismore Castle Arts; Anthony Haughey ‘Citizen’, Highlanes Gallery; Seamus Nolan ‘10th President’, TBG&S.
23. How is it Made? Border Post. Nick Stewart discusses Which is The: 49 Views, a publication that evolved from a week spent driving along and across the Irish border.
24. VAI & DAS Residency. Questioning Viewership. Joanna Hopkins, 2012 winner of the VAI & DAS Residency Award, discusses her experience of the residency. (Achived)
25. VAI / TGC Residency Award. Details of the Visual Artists Ireland / Tyrone Guthrie Centre Valerie Early Residency Award.
25. Residency Profile. Exploring Hidden Histories. Margo McNulty on her one-week residency utilising the print facilities at the Tyrone Guthrie Centre, Co Monaghan.
26. Professional Development. A Hungry Ear. Kati Kivinen, a Helsinki-based curator, discusses working on VAI’s Professional Development Programme.
27. International. Growing Connectivity. Anne Mullee interviews Barcelona-based curators Mariana Cánepa Luna and Max Andrews about their on-going #OpenCurating project.
28. Profile. Engagement & Innovation. NeXus Arts, an independent artist-led curatorial team based in Drogheda, outline their projects to date and future plans
29. Discussion. More Than a Second Glance. Jonathan Carroll reports on ‘Dialogues on contemporary art, discourse & collaboration’ a panel discussion (24 Jan 2013) held at Pallas Projects / Studios, Dublin.
30. Regional Contacts. VAI’s Northern Ireland Manager Feargal O’Malley and VAI West of Ireland Representative Aideen Barry offer accounts of activities and issues in their areas.
31. Project Profile. Agency & Child-Adult Connectedness. Susanne Stich discusses ‘Small Worlds’, a series of moving image arts workshops for children, which she has run at Void, Derry since 2011.
32. Artoons. Pablo Helguera’s Artoons – the foibles and ironies of the art world.
32. Professional Development. VAI professional development training and events programme for spring / summer 2013 onwards. Book now to avoid dissapointment!
33. Opportunities. All the latest grants, awards, exhibition calls and commissions.