5. Roundup. Recent exhibitions and projects of note.
5. Column. Gaynor Seville. Why Apply? Gaynor Seville addresses some misconceptions about the public art application process.
6. Column. Lily Cahill. Making It. The realities of living and working as a visual artist.
7.Column. Jonathan Carroll. Nouvelles Vague: What a Drag. Disappointment at the Palais de Tokyo.
8. News. The latest developments in the visual arts sector.
9. Regional Focus. Visual arts resources and activity in Waterford.
12. Project Profile. Other Halves. Caragh O’Donnell on ‘Duo Days’, an event in Belfast featuring collaborations between artists who are in relationships with each other.
13. Project Profile. Ten Years Later. Katie Holten revisits her 2003 exhibition for the Venice Biennale. (Archived)
14. VAI Advocacy & Support. Responsible Recognition. Bernadette Beecher outlines some best practice guidelines for arts internships.
14. VAI Members’ Event. Show & Tell. Adrian Colwell introduces this new members’ event.
15. Workshop Profile. Descend, Bold Traveller. Fergus Kelly reports on his participation in a sound recording workshop held this June in Iceland. (Archived)
16.Public Art Case Study. Let’s Take the Class Outside. Christine Mackay introduces ‘A Year in the Field’.
17. Project Profile. Curious, Active & Adventurous. Ceara Conway discusses ‘Burning Bright’, a programme facilitating visual arts projects for older people across County Galway.
18. Project Profile. Collective Creativity. Joanne Dolan and Allison Regan introduce artist collective Expanded Draught.
19. Critique. Pádraig Timoney, Raven Row, London; Helen O’Leary, Catherine Hammond Gallery, West Cork; ‘Labour and Wait’, Santa Barbara Museum of Art; ‘New Irish Works’, catalogue; ‘The Drawing Box’, Ranelagh Arts Centre, Dublin; ‘Russian Dolls’, Golden Thread, Belfast.
23.How is it Made? Contrapuntal Landscapes. Monica de Bath discusses her project ‘Plot / Ceapach’.
24.Institutution Profile. Michelle de Forge introduces Dunamaise Arts Centre, Portlaoise.
24.Institution Profile. Emer Ní Chíobháin profiles Sample-Studios, Cork.
25.How is it Made? The Raison D’être of Objects. Saidhbhin Gibson outlines her project ‘Sojourn’ at Carlow County Museum.
26. VAI Event. Getting Together Again. Lily Power offers an overview of VAI’s Get Together 2013.
28. Institution Profile. Institutional Impermanence. Brian Birtles looks at 20 years of Catalyst Arts, Belfast. (Archived)
29. Regional Representatives. VAI representatives, Aideen Barry (West of Ireland) and Feargal O’Malley (Northern Ireland) offer accounts of their current concerns and activities.
30. How is it Made? Understanding Place & People. Katie Nolan on her photobook project ‘Neither’.
31. Project Profile. Reflecting & Generating. Sarah Allen profiles The Legacy Project, an art commission initiated by the National Women’s Council of Ireland.
32.Project Profile. Box of Wondering. Susan Montgomery & Sarah Ruttle discuss their involvement in the Early childhood Arts programme,West Cork Arts Centre.
33.Artoons. Pablo Helguera. Artoons. The foibles and ironies of the art world.
34.Opportunities. All the latest grants, awards, exhibition calls and commissions.
34.VAI Professional Development. VAI’s professional development programme for autumn / winter.
36. Public Art. Public art commissions, site-specific works, socially engaged practice and other forms of art outside the gallery.