Deadline: 16 January, 5pm
Age and Opportunity’s Bealtaine Festival is looking for an intern to be part of the Festival Team 2017. The volunteer assistant will play an important role in supporting the 2017 Festival.
Bealtaine are keen to support the professional development of their volunteer assistant; placement with the Bealtaine Festival will provide unique opportunities to be involved in a successful collaborative festival.
Specifically you will have an opportunity to:
- Utilise your skills as well as learn and develop new skills.
- Interact and network with a wide variety of people.
- Travel to and attend events across Dublin and surrounding counties.
- Learn about issues concerning older people.
- Attendance at all performances/events will be free.
Specific role responsibilities
These responsibilities may vary depending on the educational background and training of the volunteer but could include all or some of the following depending on skill-set:
- To assist with and help implement the national social media campaign drawn up by the Festival Team, and overseen by the PR,
- Communications and Marketing Manager, in particular, facebook and twitter.
- To assist with and help maintain the newly launched Bealtaine web site both in terms of content generation and updating information.
- To liaise with local and regional groups on their plans for Bealtaine and the gathering of information from these groups in order to feed in to a nationwide PR campaign which is managed by the PR, Communications and Marketing Manager.
- To assist with local as well as national radio coverage, and assist with writing press releases when needed by the partner organisations, with approval from the PR, Marketing and Communications Manager.
- To provide support to the curated programme of events taking place nationwide in terms of event logistics and co-ordination.
- To attend events and assist with logistics.
- To assist with rolling out the Festival evaluation and gathering and preparation of data from the evaluation.
- To be a point of contact in the Age and Opportunity office and respond to enquiries from the public and direct people to local and national Bealtaine events.
- To respond to requests for information from the public and maintain a record of all such calls, keeping sufficiently up to date with the curated programme in order to be an informed first point of contact for the public.
- To assist with the monitoring and updating of the Age and Opportunity data base of contacts on an ongoing basis.
We require assistants to be available for a minimum of 16 hours a week. The placement is for a period of 8 – 10 weeks and will take place at some point between March and June 2017 depending on the skill-set of the volunteer.
The Bealtaine Festival operates from Age and Opportunity’s offices in the Marino Institute of Education in Dublin. Travel around the city may be required as may intercity travel (these travel costs will be covered by Bealtaine).
How to apply
Please send your CV with a covering letter explaining why you would like to this internship to Karen Hennessy, Arts and Culture Coordinator, Age and Opportunity.
Marking the subject header: Bealtaine Festival Assistant
For more information see:www.ageandopportunity.ie/about/vacancies/bealtaine